From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:15:18 -0500
Right, but I am having somewhat of a hard time figuring out what they are
using.  Yesterday I think that it was just a few drivers who opted to use
their own Nextel phones to BS with one another via direct connect, but
then today on the bus I think that someone was using the Motorola trunked
system that is in use for the bus company, and then I've heard some UHF
stuff, is this the trend with a lot of publi ctransit going to Nextel?  I
know that for the companyuse that works out in the suburbs of Detroit we
have a trunked system which I can monitor with no problem, but I was just
wondering what the general trend has been with public transit?