From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:08:15 -0500
Scanning with the T90 is easy with the programming cable.  I have not been
able to program the different banks by hand, but the software is easy.  It's
easy to pick the bank you want to scan once you've set them up with the
software.

The memory key has two modes, I think of the two modes as "all memory" and
"memory bank" modes.

In the all memory mode you move directly to a channel by pressing all three
digits and this is also how you know you are in the "all memory" mode.  That
is, if it takes three presses to get to a memory then you are in all memory
mode.

Pressing the memory key again puts you into memory bank mode and memories
are numbered from "00" to "99" and it only takes two key presses to get to a
memory in memory bank mode.

Now, lets say you want to put memories 200 - 250 into bank "D", well use the
software to set it up and then to scan bank "D" do this.

Go to all memory mode and move to channel 200, then press the memory key to
select "memory bank" mode.  Now press and hold the scan key.  While holding
the scan key down, turn the tuning dial fully counter wise (probably just a
couple of clicks, just do a few since menus do not wrap around), then one
click to the right (clockwise).  Sounds hard, but is really very easy.  I
hold the ht in my left hand and control the tuning dial with index finger of
left hand.

No problem scanning analog trunked systems,  I turn on the tone squelch for
the control channel and turn it off when the control channel changes.  With
practice you can do this in a few seconds.

Hope this makes sense, 73 -Ken -N5SWR