From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:18:46 -0500
I have a J pole duel band antenna in my attic,  it's used on my scanner
right now, I made that by the plans that were in QST a few years ago though,
cost me about $15 to make and works very well though for 2 meters the MFJ
one seems to have it beat by just a little bit.  Note though, if you wanted
to make 1 like the MFJ one, but home mate, you could probably do it for
around $5, the welding rod antenna is about what the MFJ one is, maybe a
little different, but that's pretty close.