Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:31:03 -0800
Good job Rich, we have fun on my machines and yes, we do how to act like
stuffy old hams talking about their aches and pains.  We also use it to
communicate for things such as discussing football, baseball and other
nonham related things.  We try to encourage new hams when they show up that
ham radio is fun as well as a good learning experience.  I don't ask for
money to help support the machines but rather help when it comes time to
doing something like erecting a new antenna.  We have great fun doing it
including food and lots of good natured bull------

A local, kb4hg that has since moved away first heard about my site and
listened before getting on to ask me about putting a 900mhz repeater here.
kb4hg said "why do you guys call yourselves the lid repeater" it is one of
the best sounding well set up repeaters around the area???

 He has since moved back to North Carolina and has set up a permanent link
to us because he misses the activity we generate by having fun on the radio
and also discussing technical things as they come up.  Like you mentioned
too many repeaters are no longer being used.  As an example, in kb4hg's area
his county has no repeaters on the air at all anymore.  We have to use it or
loose it and the lid repeaters continue doing their part to keep the hobby
alive and maybe learn something and have fun too!  We are also on 20 meters
in the afternoons, weekends west coast time playing around there too.

very 73'sss and 88'sss to whom it applies