From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:13:17 -0800
Hi Lloyd,

I bought both the 500 Hz CW filter and the 1.8 kHz SSB filter.  Combine
there with the dsp bandwidth settings and you have as sharp a cut off on
filters as you would ever want.  On top of that, you can use the IF shift.
That plus the digital noise filter can turn a noisy crowded band into a
quiet band where you can easily single out a DX station from the rest.

It does have a processor on SSB.  I find that pretty much standard default
settings for mic gain and processor level are about right for the stock hand
mic.  The only problem I have experienced is some RFI into my Heil Goldline
but I think that's due to a long mic cable.  I'm going to try running a
separate wire from the mic case to the ground of the station to see if it
goes away.  If not, I might get an MC-60A or similar Kenwood mic to go with
it.

Take care and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX