From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:08:56 -0500
Hi Lowell;
At this point I'm shopping.  My r8 came down in a recent wind storm.  My
problem is that my yard which is much larger than my prior qth also has lots
of tree branches and wires.  I would prefer to roof mount the antenna but I
think I have given up on the tripod above the second story.  It was just to
hard to get eager folks up there.  The manual suggests that if it is less
than 30 feet above ground you will need more than just the four radials that
come with the roof mount kit.  I have the winter to ponder.  Something like
the gap is a thought but there were some thought provoking comments on e-ham
which have me a bit undecided.  A g5rv would really be a nice solution and
much more affordable but its not going to happen here.
73
Rich