From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:55:47 -0800
Hi All,

I am posting again for my friend Brett who is having computer problems at
home.  Please send any responses to him directly at [log in to unmask]

Thank you.  Here are his remarks and questions.

----
I am looking for some input for speaker arrangement for the PC in my office
or shack, or home.

I am currently using a set of 12 watt mini on the computer at work with a
Sub-woofer.  the placement is about 24 inches apart with the sub-woofer on
floor between where I can occasionally put my foot on it to verify low
volume passages (on the external cd player, music only) is working.

I personally like as much separation spread for PC and music as I can get so
plan to move the minis out if possible, (wiring or need for cutting and
splicing) but am curious if the sub-woofer can go somewhere behind a file
cabinet or something.  Is it absolutely necessary it be in front of the
listener, or would it enhance the total immersion presence if it were behind
me?

While I doubt I can get a 5.1 system for work, I may consider same if
you feel it is warranted.    Appreciate all feedback.
----

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX
Navy Marine Corps MARS:  NNN0SHS