From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:38:58 -0500
Steve;
Looking at antenna prices can give a man sticker shock.  I'm not sure what's
cheaper the radio or a decent antenna system. It is entirely to cold here
for antenna work  but I get to go window shopping all winter.
Was the hf6v self supporting or did you need support ropes?  Also did all
bands tune by adjusting coils at the base or just some?  Did you use their
80 meter add on kit?  Did it do much?
Thanks in advance.
Every manufacturer thinks their antenna is the best.
Finally, how long is this extra 80 meter radial that you supposedly use
along with the four radials at the base of the antenna?
Rich