Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 00:00:47 -0400
Lou,
I'm running NIS 2004 and have all the features except privacy manager enabled.
I have never gotten a virus, and since the NAV 2004 also has some spyware
detection capability, I have never had more than three pieces of spyware as
identified by AdAware.

I only run AdAware every 2-3 weeks and I run a Norton system scan weekly.
When there are major virus outbreaks, I do run the manual update to insure I
have the latest virus definitions.

Frankly, yes, there are some vulnerabilities in IE, but there are more
vulnerabilieis in Windows.  So, if you're really that concerned, then don't
just get a new browser.  Look at changing operating systems.  According to the
tech dolumnist in the Detroit Free Press, also a ham, he hasn't gotten a
single virus or piece of spyware with the MAC Operating System.  Apple is
running a beta of built-in screen-reader for the MAC now.

But, really, since there are security exploits that can be made with Windows,
just changing the browser may not give you the protection you desire.  And, if
more people migrate to MAC, I'd be willing to bet that some clever guy will
find ways to exploit its vulnerabilities too.

Steve
K8SP