Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:40:30 -0400
Hi Don.

I'm afraid that you have it backwards.  The synthesizer would work in a
TS440S but not in a TS450S.  That is because both the TS940S and the TS440S
use the Kenwood VS1 voice synthesizer.  The TS450S uses the VS2
synthesizer, which is substantially different in it's layout to the extent
that the connections won't even mate.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 11:58 PM 9/3/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, I thought the list was really quiet and now I know why.  Looks like
>I somehow became unsubscribed as I found out when I first attempted to send the
>below message.
>
>So, I'm now subscribed again I hope and am trying this message again.
>
>Don
>

>Hi all,
>
>I saw a message on another list where a guy wants to trade rigs with his
>son.  The guy has a Kenwood ts-940 and his son has a ts-450.   He wants to know
>if
>the synthesizer in the 940 which I believe is a vs1 will work in the 450.
>
>I know it won't work in the ts-440, but seems to me I read somewhere that
>it will work in the 450.
>
>Can anyone get me straight on this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Don  W6SMB