Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:17:22 -0400
Hi Matthew.

There are quite a variety of auto tuners that will work.  It really depends
upon how many features you want , how much power you will be running, and
how much matching range you want.  The LDG Electronics auto tuners are
quite good.  I have a MFJ 993 auto tuner that does a tremendous job.  I
think the LDG tuners are probably a little more economical.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:59 AM 8/6/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, Lou!  Thanks for the info.  Any idea as to what I should get for an
>automatic antenna tuner?--Matt.
>
>At 10:14 AM 8/6/2005, you wrote:
> >Hi Matthew.  The Butternut vertical would probably serve you well.  A lot
> >of verticals would work if you don't mind putting out radials.  However, I
> >have found that wire antennas and trees aren't necessarily
> >incompatible.  You just have to pick a method that will take up the sway of
> >the trees.  I have used the pulley on the end support with a counterweight
> >method very successfully.
> >
> >While it is true that falling limbs can take out a wire antenna, that is
> >equally true of a vertical as I found out when a large part of my willow
> >tree took out my first GAP Titan antenna--smashed it flat!
> >
> >By the way, the GAP will work but it is a lot of money, and I am starting
> >to find out that it has a way of going away abruptly with near misses from
> >lightning.  I'm thinking that my next vertical will probably be one of the
> >butternut antennas.
> >
> >73, Lou K2LKK
> >

> >At 09:33 AM 8/6/2005 -0400, you wrote:
> > >Hi, Folks!  I have an old Tentec 525 Argosy that I want to use at my YL's
> > >house.  Problem is, I don't have a tower for an antenna and stringing
> it up
> > >through the trees isn't a good idea either as we get lots of wind
> where she
> > >lives.  Any idea as to where I can find a vertical I can erect, along with
> > >an automatic antenna tuner?  Will be using 40, 15, and 10 meters, and
> maybe
> > >more once I get my general class ticket.  Any ideas would be greatly
> > >appreciated.--Matthew Chao, N1IBB.
> >
> >Louis Kim Kline
> >A.R.S. K2LKK
> >Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]