Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 20:28:02 -0700
Hi Lloyd,

I sold my 746 Pro in order to buy the 480.  In my book, the two are almost
evenly match in terms of the CW receive.  I can't think of anything the 746
Pro would do that the 480 will not.  I feel the receiver is definitely as
good as the Icoms and much better than the TS-2000.

In terms of chattiness, I like my 480.  The one annoying thing the TS-2000
does is when you rotate through the memories, the thing says memory each
time y0ou move the dial.  This can drive you nuts after a while.  The 480
doesn't do that.  It also announces all of the other functions including the
PL tones for 6 meter repeaters and I find it an absolute joy to use.

I hope that helps a little and very 73.  Please write if I can help any
more.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX
Navy Marine Corps MARS:  NNN0SHS