Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:10:31 -0500
Richard:

Only cw feedback is provided.

Yes there are menus, and all are read.
THe only things I have found so far that aren't read, is the tuning rate
selection, and the swr achieved by the auto tuner.

As for the tuning rates, this is easily told by simply turning the knob and
listening.
THe swr is a different story.
I usually go by the length of time taken to tune.  In general two or three
seconds is a long tune.  if it is more than that, I just call it a bad tune.
I need to get back on this with Jack Brindle, the designer of the software
for cw output.

As for a single package, not really, but you can pretty well decide for
yourself.
I have added options over the years to my k2.  I have never had trouble
finding someone to do the building for me.
Also, Elecraft maintains a list of builders, and most of them will build
your k2 for nothing or nearly nothing if you are blind, or handicapped in
some other way which prevents you from doing it yourself.

Finally, their tech support is second to none.  On many occations I have
had answers via email within minutes to a question direct from Wayne himself.
He designed it, so he ought to know how it works.

Finally, I believe that they deserve our support because they have taken
the very big step of garunteeing access in all their future rigs, and
delivered on the kx1, and their new external auto tuner.
If I hadn't already perchased an autotuner from ldg, I'd have the new
elecraft tuner.

If you have any other questions, please ask.  I'll be glad to help.

Give me a call sometime if you'd like to chat about their rigs.

765-286-0314 evenings and weekends.  If I'm not home, leave a number, and
I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

73