Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:52:01 -0600
   >yes, the previous reply is counted, I've had that happen to me many
   >times and it's about the most annoying thing that can happen on
   >here, I don't even bother resending the info anymore.

THat's why if you're not going to just quote the relevant portion of
the previous message one should use an editor and get rid of all the
software brag lines and previously sent text.  AFter all folks have
seen it before.  I guess this fancy mouse driven shtuff doesn't offer
an editor that's easy to use with email.  Must be.  Back in my fidonet
bbs days everybody was pretty diligent about getting rid of all that
stuff.  Now since aol and mom and pop hbit the net nobody filters the
crap outk, just sends a message with hundreds of lines of previously
quoted text hanging off the bottom.  Hey bandwidth is cheap eh?
One reason I unsubscribe from all lists if I know I"m going to be out
of town for a few days.  LIds filling a mailbox with spam and big
messages that don't have to be big messages.
THat's why you see the discussion of top and bottom posting so much on
usenet newsgroups and bulletin boards.  fOlks from the bbs days and
the days before mom pop and the kids had the net  were judicious about
the use of disk space and bandwidth.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania