Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:59:36 -0500
Tom,

What you are listening to is IBOC (in band on channel) digital radio in
hybrid mode.  More and more stations will be making the conversion.  The
theory goes that eventually the analog signal will be dropped and replaced
by digital.  This phase however I think will take a long time to implement.
There has been controversy about the digital implementation in the broadcast
industry especially for AM.  The FCC has allowed for day time IBOC only so
far.  A few stations have been given authority to test at night to see what
affect IBOC will have regarding skywave propagation.  It should be
interesting to say the least over the next few years.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM