Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:17:53 -0500
Hi, all.

This past week, our only locally-owned AM and FM radio station in Big Rapids
with truly local programming was bought out by a bigger company, and has now
started fully-automated and sindicated programming except for a four-hour
morning show on week-days.  This has gotten me thinking about the way things
used to be, and I couldn't help but share my thoughts.  If this is
inappropriate for this list, I offer my sincere appologies, but sometimes
you just have to vent.  HI!  HI!

I can't help but remember the days back in the 1960's and early 70's when AM
radio really had personalities worth listening to.  I remember people like:

Joey Reynolds, Jack Armstrong, and Dan Nevereth from WKBW in Buffalo New
York;
Joe Niagara and Hi Lit from WIBG in Philadelphia;
Dick Biondi and Ron Brittain from WCFL in Chicago;
Byren Mcgreggor and the others from CKLW in Winsor, Ontario;
Dan Ingram from WABC in New York;  etc. etc.

I remember the days when I lived in central Pennsylvania and used to get
home after school, just waiting for AM propogation to improve so that I
could receive those great stations with those great personalities.

Now, I have to say that I don't listen to AM or FM radio any more other than
as background noise when I'm doing something else.  Maybe the problem is
just me, but I don't really think so.

Anyway, I just had to get this off my chest.  Thanks for listening, and if
you all ignore this post, I'll surely understand.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI