Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:15:27 -0500
    Dan:

I am a totally blind ham, and have had my THF6A for almost 2 years now.  You
will find that, with a little bit of patience and effort, the rig is very
accessible to the visually impaired.  There are several electronic versions
of the manual and various other "cheat sheet" files out there that a number
of us have adapted so they make sense to us.

Many of the default settings in the menus, etc., are indicated with a low
beep, and the other settings have a higher beep.  Also, PL tones can be
obtained by counding clicks of the tuning knob, once you get into the "tone"
function.

All and all, this is the most blind-friendly HT I have ever owned, and
Kenwood is to be commended for its efforts in this regard.

I think the best thing would be for you to get the radio, and just play with
it for a while.  If you'd like, I can send you an e-mail attachment
containing the various files that helped get me started.

Hope this is encouraging.

Keep in touch, and best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI