From:
Tracey & Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracey & Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:35:08 -0400

Summary of my "new celiac" questions

1. Has anyone else suffered from jejunitis as a result of CD? Can you have
jejunitis from CD when the duodenum doesn't have villial blunting?
No answers to this.

2. Any of these symptoms had by list members? Did they clear up for YOU?
How long did it take?   Many folks had similar symptoms (joint pain, brain
fog, stomache aches). Answers to how long til the symptoms went away were
from 2 weeks to 6 months.

 Did you do anything besides go gluten-free? (Meds,  supplements,
alternative non-medical forms of treatment?)   Several members mentioned
pro-biotics, one mentioned "DGL for stomach pains... Nexium for acid reflux
for one month and then weaned myself off it....I used blackstrap molasses
for the iron/calcium deficiency." One mentioned digestive enzymes to help
digestion.  Three folks suggested L-glutamine, and one person mentioned
protonix (which the GI has me on too).

 3. Need a CD-smart lab near Maryland that i can recommend to the GI to
process and read the biopsy slides for scheduled endoscopy.  Several folks
mentioned Dr. Fasano at University of Maryland. One person mentioned Mr.
Fine's lab.  My GI results got sent I don't know where, but my local GI is
sending slides to Dr. Fasano too!

4. If it's been 2 weeks, will any signs of CD still exist in gut at
endoscopy?  Mixed responses.  Some said yes, some said no, and many had
experience to back up their responses.

5. What did you find was easy to eat while your gut healed?   Everything was
mentioned, but mostly bland food without fiber.  Someone even said he/she
did well with hot peppers.

Thanks to several listserv members' suggestions, i made an appt with Dr.
Fasano.  Thank you all so very much.

tracey in maryland