From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 01:54:57 -0500
From: "Peter Shkabara" <[log in to unmask]>
> If no copy software is provided with your new drive, then you can use a
> product such as Norton Ghost to make an exact image of the drive contents.
> Others on this list may have additional software recommendations for doing
> this.

Acronis True Image works fine...
If you get a Maxtor, a Western Digital, or Seagate drive, (retail drive packages),
there should be software with it to "clone" your old drive to your new one in one step.

You would need to hook up both to the computer (at the same time) for this to
happen.  Watch your jumpers on the OLD drive as well as the new..., etc...

                       Rick Glazier

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml