From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:09:09 +0000
On Jan 05, 2005, at 5:10 pm, Richard Geller wrote:

> Is anyone else eating just once per day? I eat once in the evening but
> it is quite a lot. I am back to eating more paleo now. I do eat raw
> milk
> cheese and white potatoes. Last night I ate 3 eggs and cheese, then
> pork
> chops, mushroom and cream sauce, parsnips and yam. I do really well
> eating this way and I have more energy and mental clarity than ever. I
> mention this to people I run into but few are interested as they think
> it would be too hard. I think it is easy as I do not need to practice
> moderation -- something I find difficult -- while abstinence during the
> day I find easy.
>
> --Richard

Richard,

I eat only after 6pm.  I normally have quite a big piece of meat about
6-6.30pm with some veg.  I do a lot of martial art training in the
evening so I don't get to eat one huge meal (which I prefer) or I'd be
too full to move.  Instead I have a moderate sized meal when I get in
from work and something smaller about 10.30pm.

I agree with you entirely about sticking to the diet.  I thought it'd
be really hard at first, and I wouldn't let myself go to work without
some emergency food in case I was starving.  But now, even though I get
occasional hunger pangs in the day, they pass quite quickly, and I
don't actually feel like eating- which is quite a strange feeling.
Before, if I got hungry I had to stuff my face until the hunger went
away, which meant huge amounts of bread and other bad stuff.

I find that moderation is forced on you if you eat infrequently.  You
can only put so much in your mouth at any one sitting, and if you
aren't eating til late that means you haven't physically got time to
over-eat!  Plus you're getting at least some of the benefits of
intermittent fasting.

Everyone in my office thinks I'm making a mistake- that I should be
grazing on small meals from dawn til dusk.  But I'm convinced eating
infrequently (certainly eating meat infrequently) is natural and
healthy.  One guy today said he read a book that recommends a minimum
of 5 meals a day(!).  I think the author must have an eating fetish.
Sadly, my work mate thinks that this is brilliant advice, because it
re-iterates all the "common-sense" (ie unfounded) advice he's heard
over the years.

Ashley