BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:50:33 -0400
I think the A/C guy should have  at least somehow  evaluated the roof
framing before installing the unit. There must be industry guidelines.
The lower the roof pitch the more depth dimension the rafters should
have and/or the spacing between them  decreased. No?  The weight of the
unit certainly could have contributed to the overall roof sag,
especially with wet, rotting rafters, but  I don't know to what degree
the A/C guy can be held resposible over and above re-installing the
unit, or replacing it if it got damaged.  He may have warned the owner
originally about the roof pitch and been told to install the unit
regardless.  This we don't know.

Alfredo