From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:17:51 -0700
  On the laptop, open Network Connections, right-click on the LAN
connection, and select Properties.  In the list of checked components,
scroll down to TCP/IP and then click the Properties button.  The laptop
should be set to obtain an address automatically.

  On the router configuration web page (on a machine that has an address,
point the browser at the router's address -- *probably* http://192.168.1.1 --
and make sure that it's enabled to act as a DHCP server, handing out
addresses to local clients.

David Gillett