From:
Christopher Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:50:53 EST
In a message dated 3/15/2005 12:04:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, Don DeWitt
writes:

Hi Dean,

I ran the FDISK command as you suggested and then I
formatted the C: partition. The DOS dir command shows
that it is now empty. When I restart the computer the
floppy light comes on followed by both the CD drives.
However, when inserting an OS CD into the tray the
computer fails to recognize it. The tray light comes
on and the CD starts to spin but it doesn’t follow
through. From the DOS Dir command I can see all the
files on both the G: and the H: drives that are there
but cannot get the computer to activate them. If I use
the DOS command: setup exe. I’m informed that DOS
cannot open this file.  What can I do now?

Don DeWitt

Make sure that you have the BIOS set to boot from CD ROM first, then before
shutting down, insert the disc holding down the SHIFT key to bypass the autorun
function and shut off your PC. Or, insert the disc and either hit the reset
button (if it has one) or hold the power button down for at least 5 seconds to
shut down the PC with the disc still in the drive. Reboot with the CD ROM in
the PC and it should start up reading the disc and finish your OS install.

Chris Ryan

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>