Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:50:30 -0500
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:28:24 -0500, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  So the real question is whether eating once a day or grazing
> is the better "medicine."

Here's an idea that seems relevant: It's known that bacteria and yeasts
transform some of the foods we eat into proper nutrients, such as
vitamins/enzymes and alcohol. Probably others.

This takes time.

For instance I must not drink pasteurized milk, but benefit from that
which is cultured with kefir. Kefir is a community of ~40 kinds of
microbes, so similar to human gut environment. It takes at least 24 hours
at room temperature. Raw meat can be made more tender and tasty (and
preserved) by marinating in kefir or kefir-whey.

The same process should happen in our innards if they were free enough of
the 77,000 modern chemical pollutants, and maybe it would if given enough
time and a relatively clean diet, but it would still take about 24 hours.

Maybe snacking interferes with that microbial process, resulting in
malnutrition.
AFAIK this does not apply to animal fats.

William