From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 17:37:59 -0600
kylix wrote:

>> From:    Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
>> My hypothesis is that what matters is the total area under the insulin
>> curve..
>

> So the "traditional" advice to "eat a lot of small meals, instead
> of a few big ones, avoid missing meals etc." actually
> *promotes* faster aging? It's just hard to change beliefs drilled
> into us since birth.

If the small meals don't cause an insulin spike (i.e. small amt of
meat, low-carb veggies), then the area under the curve would
be very small even with frequent meals.

I think that small frequent meals vs. large one-a-day is an individual
thing.  Another list member, type II diabetic, emailed me privately
last year that the Warrior Diet was terrible for her, raising her blood
sugar a lot.  Others swear by the plan.  If you're borderline diabetic
and try it, it's worth checking your sugars to see.

One the other hand, some people I know doing the small frequent
meals are thriving on it.  The big point for small meals is to be sure
to keep the carbs very low.  Otherwise you are saturated in insulin all day
long and start eating more and more until it is continuous.
This will definitely age you faster.

    Lynnet