C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:52:13 -1000
         One of the reasons I don't post often although I read the
list is because I don't have cp and I don't want to offend anyone. I
love the list and think it's a great group of people. I have the same
politics as most of you. I don't agree with the Republicans on the
list for sure. People are outspoken on this list, one of the things I
like the best. Our government needs to take care of the aging, infirm, etc.
         I know of Lynette's work and she is doing as much as she can
to improve the quality of life for people with physical challenges
(Is that appropriate language, I don't know?). At any rate the
organization she works for is attempting to get more things covered
by insurance and this can only help.
Maybe a discussion of useful language and terminology is in order..
         Talk about offensive  - a woman on the street saw Case
walking and gave him a dollar asking what happened to him. He just
looks at her and says I have cp and I was born this way. He is too
young to be offended by that but I was.

All the best,

Linda