C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:54:29 -0800
ugh! and mike doesn't even have mcs like I do. smelling anything like dryer
sheets, perfume, smoke  from any source cigs, barbecue... it all gives me
awful sore throats and headaches, I even gag when I get into a car with
those fragrance trees.

Kat, i do see your point. But do you have actual data to show that people
who have disabilities have higher innsurance costs? I know diabetes can get
expensive, but are there others that are expensive?

I have some interesting news; I will be getting some micro-enterprise help
because a man who also serves as a commissioner, works at the cerebral
palsy center in oakland, he has just written a grant to use some newly
formed policies to help some of us start our own businesses, because many
of the cp center clients can't compete for competive jobs, even though they
may know computers and be able to use computer programs. (they might move
too slowly, or whatever) So I will be getting help in writing a business
plan, (so I can keep my medi-cal, in home services, etc) and I'll learn how
to market my stuff at my web site, as well as training in Corel painter. I
will be a mentor to some of the folks there. this  will be done using
Assembly bill 925  Get it? 9 to 5?)  and a governor's task force to end
disincentives to work. I have written to gov S twice, telling him we want
to work, but that many employers won't hire us, and that there are too many
disincentives like the ssi rules, in home support rules, etc. Perhaps my
letters helped? who knows?

Mag

Come visit my new store! http://www.cafepress.com/TamarMag
visit my Blog at; http://tamarmag-newsletters.blogspot.com/