BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:03:18 -0500
Cuyler Page wrote:

>Recently you said something about desiring a Tibetan long horn for its sound
>effect.   You might be able to get that effect architecturally.
>
>Last night on History Channel there was a very interesting program about the
>nature of sound at various stone age architectural sites.

Cuyler,

I did not see the program and would like to.
VI recently sent me a CD of piobarieachd and I hooked up the shanty
'office' sound system HC gave me from the Mall and the little building
was one hell of a celebration for several hours.

A friend of ours, meaning of myself and a few BP'rs, in Poland was
working on his Doctoral thesis having to do with the
conservation/replication of heritage sounds.
I'm not sure where he is with it, oddly his Doctoral work seems to be
something you have to drag out of him and actually inquire to find out.
I got the impression it had to do with the sounds of horse carts, more
than of music, the ambient sounds of place in time. I'm curious.

][<

PO Box 417
Mastic Beach, NY 11951