From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 06:57:40 -0500
On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:58:, Mike Weis wrote:

>Keith,
>
>I'd be careful if I were you of drinking rainwater. There is noplace in the
>world that you can go where the rain is pure anymore. Chances would seem to
>me to be better of getting closer to paleo by buying a bottle of Evian than
>drinking acid rainwater these days, but I could be wrong.
>
>Mike W.

Rainwater here in Australia is fine, though I'd think twice about it if I were living in an industrial
city, esp one in the northern hemisphere.  BTW, apart from bore water (ancient rainwater), what
other sort of water is there?

If you look at urban water systems and the crap they have to put into that to kill the bacteria plus
fluoride, and the seepage into ageing reticulated water systems FROM leaking sewage pipes, I'll
take my rainwater any day.

Incidentally, I have been looking at the various water filters and distillers for about 20 years and
have never found one that I felt comfortable with.  There is such a heavy layer of bull***t with the
advertising of each competing product, that I just gave up.  No-one knows, so follow your paleo
nose.  Rainwater for me!

Incidedntally, there is a stimulating review of bottled at:

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/bottle.html

Think of that when next you sip your evian.  In summer, because I cycle a lot, I go through about
4-5 litres a day, so I need to be careful what I am consuming, because it'll be megadoses of
whatever it is:-)

Keith