From:
Ilana King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 19:18:43 +0100
Has anyone (In the UK probably) read "The River Cottage Meat Book" by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall?  I was given it by my husband for my birthday and I must say I was amazed - there is so much I didn't know about meat.  It is not a Paleo book, but a book about everything we should know when choosing and cooking meat - from welfare/health issues, to the importance of hanging and ways of cooking.

Anyway, as a result, I have sworn to not buy anymore meat from supermarkets and try to source all meat as free range or organic and grass fed.  Turning out to be very expensive though.  I was wondering if anyone else does this and has any tips?

ILana