From:
Mike Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 23:55:18 -0400
Lots of very interesting responses, but I suppose I haven't phrased the
question specifically enough.

Is there any "evidence", other than the junk science that most on this list
are well aware of, that eating paleo would NOT be healthy for someone? Have
any studies been done, or is all the evidence anecdotal about the benefits
of this diet? Last time I had my cholesterol checked, my cardiologist told
me that the diet obviously appears to be working for me (it was 150), but
that he didn't think I should necessarily go around recommending it to
everyone.

Since I've moved, I am no longer under his care, but if I was really smart I
should have asked him why.

And why doesn't anybody know about lectins? With all these darn books about
health, how come the paleo "fringe" books are the only ones who have figured
this out?

Mike W.