ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:55:51 -0000
quoting Karen
>I know God is going to have to do something quick or there will not be
>anymore real churches.  I ?>know he haves to be grieving pretty hard right
>now.

Dear Karen,

have you heard the story, I think it goes something like this. about the
tramp who is walking past a church, he thinks about going in, but on the
door step he meets Jesus. Jesus asks him where he is going and he replies, I
thought I would sneek in the back of this church. He asks Jesus, what are
you doing here on the doorstep? and Jesus replies, well I have been trying
to get in here for years.

Many prophetic voices have been speaking for several years about God shaking
everything that can be shaken. The reality is that in many places that bear
his name there is very little of his presence and power, nor is there much
expectation of his presence and power.

I put this possibility to you that this failing of churches is actually what
God wants, because if the Lord does not build a house it is built in vain.
God allowed the temple in Jesusalem to be totally wiped out as Jesus
prophecied, the same is happening to many churches and I am now convinced
that this is a good thing, though it has taken me many years to fully accept
this. Not only that but it is well known that in countries where the church
is persecuted and suppressed the true gospel flourishes as the church (the
people) are forced to live as a subversive movement which is what the early
church was.

cheers

Keith

 I have been an evangelist for several years and now I have decided that a
chruch is the absolute LAST place that I would recommend any new Christian
to go to.