ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:58:00 -0500
Hello everyone,
Yes, I am still alive!  I have been quite busy and at the same time, I can
only confess "lazy" for the rest of the time.  I have read and kept up with
the family and have faithfully prayed with and for you all and all request.
I want to praise the Lord for what He is doing in the lives of many for whom
we pray.  Phil, I am thankful for the good reports on George, Jenifer and
family.  God is certainly blessing in that family and I praise Him for
George's growth in Him.
Kathy, hang in there!  You will get it!  You just needed a challengin in
your otherwise dull and eventless life.  (smile)  I am praying for you and
your family also.
Thanks for the imformation on the talking cell phones.  I am going to check
into it.  It is time for me to change providers and phones.  I am behind the
times!
We had an elderly man of the congregation to die last Friday morning.  He
was 97 years old and a real blessing to the congregation.  There was no
doubt in anyone's mind that Paul Minger loved Jesus.  Every time he was at
service, he would say, "Thank God that He gave me another week".  Recently,
he was found to have a broken hip.  It had been broken for a while and no
one knew it.  He had to have surgery and from that point it was just down
hill.  He spent that last week in a Hospis where he died last Friday morning
about 2:30AM.  Today, David, our minister, said that he was visiting Paul in
the hospital and Paul said, "let's talk".  David said, Okay, what shall we
talk about"?  Paul had dozed off.  He awoke and David asked again.  This
happened a couple more times then Paul awakened enough to respond.  Paul
said, "the love of Jesus".  He really loved the Lord and so I am happy that
he is now at home with the Lord.

Okay, more than enough for one time.
I love you guys and thank the Lord for you all constantly and for echurch.
May He bless us all and be blessed in us all.

Ned