Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:11:00 -0700
Robert > Do you need to lose weight? Is that one of the goals?

I didn't *think* that I did and weight loss to this extent was not
expected.

Robert > How tall are you?  Do you know your bodyfat percentage?  (I ask
because if you're already pretty lean, the weight loss may not all be
fat.)

I am 5'8" with broad shoulders and small hips.  I guess I'm a smallish
but classical mesomorph.  When I graduated from college in 1989, I
weighed 132 and was in perfect condition.  Today I am 149.5 (as you're
aware) and, though I didn't realize it, could stand to lose few pounds.
 Compared to your average Joe, most folks considered me "lean" at 156.
But I'm not worried about the weight loss.

Robert > I am surprised you haven't "tanked" by now with such low
calories.

Me too.  I'm shocked.

Jim > Now exercise. I have to start with this.  I primarily use machines
over free weights.  Properly designed machines are superior,

Robert > I could argue that, but won't ;-)

I wish we could.  I will say this: It's hard to find a properly designed
machine.  Most are ridiculously poorly engineered, even those made from
solid materials.  (Sorry David!  I'll stop now!)