From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 18:37:23 -0700
On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:38:45 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ken > I've seen research, IIRC by Barry Sears, showing that 100 carbs per day (for average male body weight) is the maximum before encountering adverse effects attributed to excessive insulin.
>
>But it should be pointed out that Sears thinks ketosis is bad.
>His 100 grams of carbs a day will presumably *just* keep you out of the fat-as-primary-fuel stage.

Sears certainly doesn't recommend as much as 100 grams a day.

He recommends a certain protein intake, and then recommends that you adjust
carbs and fat to reach a balance point, based on one's perception of the body's
reaction to any particular meal.

In practice, this is more like the aforementioned 70 grams a day.

--
Cheers,

Ken