From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 12:32:52 -0700
--- Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Is the Eades book really paleo?  If I remember
> correctly the emphasis
> is on protein requirement and minimizing carbs.  But
> there is no
> distinction between paleo vs. non-paleo carbs.  Am I
> remembering this
> wrong?  Doesn't Eades allow soy, grains, etc.

In The Protein Power Life Plan, the Eades have 3
levels, of which the Hedonist concentrates solely on
limiting carbs, which they maintain gives you most of
the benefit.  This level does allow grains, soy, dairy
and so on.  However, their Purist level is paleo. In
fact, it introduces a  few limitations I have not
encountered before, such as cooking eggs so that the
yolks remain intact. (Dilettante is somewhere in
between.)

Andrea

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail