From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 08:44:23 -0700
--- Jaime <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would think, in the case of diabetics, they would
> need to monitor thier
> sugar levels as usual but I don't think paleo would
> not be advised as a good
> diet for them.
>
> In factr it might be better for them but they would
> have to watch thier
> carbs.

Actually, when I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes
they gave me a standard 1800-calorie diabetic diet
which called for nearly 300 grams of carbohydrates
daily.  I suspect it would be hard to even approach
that figure on a paleo diet.

Of course, to actually control my bg within normal
limits without supporting the drug companies requires
a much lower carb intake - but that's a different
story.  The standard party line on diabetes treatment
is a high-carb, low-fat diet, keep increasing the
dosage and number of medications, and treat the
complications as they occur.

Andrea

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail