From:
Eliot Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 15:37:54 -0500
Jim Swayze wrote:

>Paula > Unlike Thomas and Jim, I do track carbohydrates
>
>One clarification for me.  I don't need to track 'em because I don't eat 'em.  I should clarify, they ARE in nuts, which I eat in moderation and never in enough quantity that the carbs would take me out of ketosis.  And I eat only fiberous vegetables and zero fruit.

Jim, Thomas, and Jim...
About the only thing I'm unclear on is: what do you mean by "carbs"
(paleo style)...and, more important, how exactly do you "track" your
carbohydrates?  Do you mean vegetables? nuts?    As an age  43 male at
5'5" and 128 lb,  it may seem crazy but I've battled excess body fat my
entire adult life.  I "feel" like I could still lose 10 pounds but have
a hard time getting that lean!  My vegetable intake includes kale,
collards, and other cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and
cauliflower, and plenty of organic celery.  My fruit intake (in
moderation) includes bananas, grapefruit, blueberries and apples. Nuts
are limited to walnuts, pecans and sometimes almonds. My protein
includes plenty of fatty fish, fatty meats (grass-fed organic), as well
as chicken and duck eggs.  Your answer will be of great interest.

Eliot