From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:39:18 -0500
I'm making chicken jerky for the first time. I didn't put any seasoning at
all since I thought I would make pemmican.   What do other people like to
do?  Saw in the archives where  someone made chicken and coconut oil
pemmican.  Is it just pulverized chicken and an equal amount of coconut oil.
  Also is there any usual seasoning or anything else that is added?
Thankyou
I've made beef jerky a few times using just a little salt, onion and garlic
powder.  I found out that raw meat has a sweetness that I never would have
expected.  My homemade jerky makes the store bought taste like very salty
cardboard.  I really like the flavor and the texture when I make it myself.
Cas