From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:00:14 -0500
. Any other type 2's struggling?

>  Gerard.

Hello to everyone.  I am relatively new to this list and have been reading
with interest the posts re: blood glucose levels.  One of the reasons for
starting this paleo woe was my concern about my blood sugar level.  My
father was type II diabetic and my maternal grandmother was type II.  My
daughter we found out in January of this year is celiac and in doing
research on that, I ran across Neaderthin, etc.
In March I was feeling terrible and had been for a long time.  It had
finally become so bad that I could hardly get around.  I wrote down
everything I was taking (vitamins, supplements, meds) and showed my family
doctor.  They said before they would make any suggestions they would take
blood panels, etc.  When the blood tests came back my cholesteral was higher
than they like to see.  My doctor sent(in the mail) a low fat diet sheet and
told me to get the tests redone in 3 months.  Well I was more than a little
angry.  I was barely able to take care of my family and they treat me like a
hysterical female.  So I didn't bother to contact them again. I quit taking
everything that I had been taking and felt a little better.   I have been on
the paleo diet for about 2 months now and feel so much better.  I feel like
myself again.  In getting my blood tests done again a few weeks ago for my
own information, I was surprised to see my bgl was 98 when I have not been
cheating.  No sugar, no grains, no beans, no dairy.  My cholesteral was down
and my triglycerides are normal for the first time in at least 10 years.  So
this is good news but with my family history I'd like to see my bgl down
too.
I don't plan on changing anything because of this news but I have to say I'm
disappointed that the diet has not had the hoped for result of lowing my
fasting bgl.
Cas