From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:54:43 -0700
On Thursday, Aug 19, 2004, at 18:35 US/Pacific, Kristina Carlton wrote:

> So, does that sound like too much exercise? Is her theory correct and
> might
> I see more results if I cut back on the cardio at least (her
> suggestion)?
> What if anything can I do food wise? For the past week the only carbs
> I have
> had are 1/2 avocado per day, lettuce, and some fresh salsa. Normally I
> see
> great changes doing that but so far I see nothing. I know for the PH I
> need
> to up the greens but what about the fat loss?

I'm no endocrinologist, but I think the cardio is very stimulating to
adrenalin production and not necessarily natural for us on such a
regular basis. I also think that you may be stuck on the carbs. Your
body may be adapting to a situation where you are theoretically "on the
run" all the time, and in some sort of starvation. This could be
producing all the excess adrenalin because it is read as an abnormal
and temporary situation - only you never stop, so you're exhausting the
systems. I think that you will not gain weight by cutting out a lot of
the exercise - and this will prove that the exercise wasn't doing what
you wanted.

I found that on Paleo I lost fat and gained muscle more easily, almost
by itself. The exercise I need to do to hold a certain level of muscle
mass is much lower, and I do almost no cardio these days due to the
fatigue syndrome in my legs, just a few miles of walking spread out
over a day. I eat somewhat more carbs than do you - at least one
avocado, and lots of greens, and a couple servings of fruit. I seem to
gain if I eat a lot of fruit over several days, but cutting it further
does not produce weightloss. I used to be scared that I would gain if I
cut out all the aerobic activity, but that has not at all been the case.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!