From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:36:31 +0200
> Eggs would have been omega-3 rich, but NOT
> because the birds were fed flax-seed or fish meal, but because they ate
> fresh greens and lots of insects.  Present-day domestic poultry were
> originally jungle-dwellers and didn't eat grains.
> Keith

I don't think that could be correct that chicken are not natural
graineaters. What else would they use their gizzard for if not crushing the
grains/seeds? There must have been an enormous amount of different seeds
lying about in the jungle for ground living chicken to eat and the gizzard
cannot have been developed lately.
Eva