From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:12:56 -0700
Your total cholesterol is simply the addition of your various
cholesterol fractions(ldl,hdl,vldl, etc.) - - although I personally
think the whole cholesterol theory of CVD is bunkum (excepting some link
for a small group of men between 40 - 50 years of age who have familial
hypercholesteremia), your cholesterol is the stuff doctors write home
about. What pushing your total cholesterol number up is your high HDL
cholesterol -- the so called good stuff.

Your triglycerides have probably gone up since going paleo because
you're eating more carbohydrates than on Atkins -- or at least I would
assume so. Coconut oil should not affect your TGs - enjoy it. I wouldn't
worry over a TG level of 121 anyway. If you want to try to lower your TG
level you can cut back on carbs and up your exercise. TG levels are
quite sensitive to both.

Liz

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/