From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:20:09 +0900
On Tuesday, August 3, 2004, at 10:56 AM, Anna Kihrani wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If this topic is already in the archives, someone let me know.
>
> I'm interested in starting to eat raw meat.  I've already enjoyed
> raw fish, marinated in lime juice, with some coconut and herbs.
> Sally Fallon says in Nourishing Traditions that in order to safely
> eat raw meat (not fish) you need to freeze it for two weeks

Clean meat does not need to be frozen. Filthy meat is not purified by
freezing. Most bacteria and parasites are not harmed by freezing. Sally
Fallon is mistaken about this.

For myself, I sometimes eat raw beef and fish, and I don't worry about
pathogens. I don't eat ground meat raw, you don't know what is in that
stuff.

In the archives there are discussions of raw meat eating.