ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:13:40 -0700
George was home for the last couple of days doing their laundry and their
income tax before he returned to the hospital.  Jennifer, his daughter, has
been in the hospital for 8 weeks now.  Their born again doctor sent a sample
to a medical lab in New York recently.  The report came back that Jennifer
has a bacteria of some sort which antibiotics cannot kill.  This means,
therefore, she has been taken off the lung list for  a transplant until
things change.  The doctor has sent a second sample to another lab in
Michigan.  If it confirms this bacteria, the transplant is definitely off
until she is better.

Last week, I was praying for Jennifer and her family, George and his wife
Vivian, and as I was, using only my thoughts to commune with my Lord, I saw
Jennifer laying in bed.  You know how a lot of people pray, if you have,
that is, ever been around some of these crazy Charismatic types.  They will
often say, Oh, Lord, heal them from the top of the head to the bottom of
their feet.  So, I was praying in my thoughts, as I said, and seeing
Jennifer in the intensive care unit bed she was in at that time.  By the
way, she is back in her room once again.  As I was thinking my prayer to
God, I suddenly noticed that Jennifer's feet were sticking out from under
the covers but I thought nothing about until the Lord said, Pray that I heal
her from the bottom of her feet to the top of her head.  At first I began to
protest by saying, Lord, that ain't the way we do it down here.  You are
supposed to start from the head.  Realizing just how stupid that sounded
even to myself, I immediately prayed the way I was told.  I still felt
stupid seeing Jennifer's feet sticking out as I prayed but after all, I was
alone and I was praying just in my thoughts so no body would know.

A couple of days later, I remembered this and told George when he called me
one night.  He said, Well, Jennifer's feet are really swollen.  This
weekend, he told me something else about her feet.  He said they try and
keep her up and moving and walking but she is so weak, she just can't do it
for very long.  She said to her dad the other day, Say, Dad, I can feel my
feet getting stronger.  Jennifer knew nothing of what I had told George
because he hadn't told her yet.  Go Jesus.

Phil.