ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:54:20 -0700
Kathy,

Unfortunate news about Chris but he has chosen to learn the hard way.  I
did, too, when I was 16 years of age.  When he turns eighteen, at least you
can cut him loose.  I still wouldn't trust him even if he moved out then.
Kids always end up learning that they are not as tough as they think once
they leave the nest, sort of speak.  I would love sending Brad up there to
teach him some simple lessons but he has other assignments at the moment and
I hate traveling.  Kathy, regardless of what the Enemy is trying to tell you
right now, you aren't a failure nor is Greg.  This is the Lord's doing and
He hasn't forgot who He is or who you are.  Yes, getting Chris into some
program might help.  You will still worry, though, and you will still
believe the lies the Enemy is trying to tell you now about yourself but in
that situation, at least Chris would be out of the family picture.  Even if
you cannot reach this point now, Chris will reach it for himself when he
ends up in jail.  Unfortunately, it won't be for smoking pot since that
isn't hardly a crime any place these days.  There is more than that going
on, of course, and I am not necessarily referring to the pot smoking.  It
sounds like you and Greg are doing a great job to me even though it probably
doesn't feel that way to you.  These feelings come with the territory,
Kathy, but the lies you think you are feeling about yourself are what they
are; lies.  The Enemy doesn't care who gets dumped on and whose life he
ruins as long as it is somebody.  The Enemy is going to try and back his big
dump truck up to your life and dump a whole load of garbage on you and Greg
but just remember, you are not who he says you are; you are who Jesus says
you are.  This doesn't make you feel any better, I know, but it is the truth
and it will be the truth that's sets you free.  I was thinking that maybe
Brad could take Chris fishing.  You know how Brad loves to fish from the
bottom of the lake instead of on top of it and all.  We will get all this
sorted out eventually, Kathy, so just keep hanging in there.  If all else
fails, tell Chris you are driving to California to pick up a load of 500
pounds of pot and once you get him to California, drop him off at a gas
station and drive away.  You never know, he may become the governor some
day.  If not, the pot alone will make him think he is the governor.

Phil.