ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:17:51 -0400
AD| The Passion New Testament from Christianbook.com for only $1.25.
http://l.salemweb.net/cbd0804m/devos/

____________________________

InTouch Early Light Devotional

Tuesday October 19, 2004
Contentment in All Circumstances
Philippians 4:10-13

Some lessons in Scripture are completed right away. For example, once we
trust Jesus Christ as our Savior, our salvation is accomplished. Though
we may need assurance occasionally, the issue is settled for all time.
At other times, a lesson has to be learned over and over. Just when we
think we have it down, something comes along to test our understanding.
One of those lessons involves being content in all circumstances. To
experience contentment is to be free from worry and frustration about
unfulfilled desires in our life.

When we look closely at Paul's words in Philippians, we recognize two
important principles. First, contentment is not governed by
circumstances. If it were, we would have big problems. We cannot flip a
switch and make everything right at our workplace, in our home, among
our children, or in situations which we cannot control. But most people
are discontent because they do not understand this principle. Paul's
secret can also be ours: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all
comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
(Philippians 4:7).

The second principle is that our inner self, or attitude, is what
regulates contentment. Paul did not have a "roller coaster faith" that
went up and down; instead, he had a calm confidence that nobody could
steal something he possessed on the inside-his relationship with God was
his source of satisfaction. We all experience anxiety, but when we
respond with faith and prayerfully cast cares upon Him (1 Peter 5:7) our
sense of contentment cannot be stolen.

*  *  *
Webcast Available Now!
Watch Dr. Stanley's engaging presentation, When the Enemy Strikes,
online now! Recorded live on September 7, this program includes worship
led by Don Moen, praise, and teaching on the keys to victory in
spiritual warfare, plus an exclusive Q&A session with Dr. Stanley!
http://www.intouch.org/highlights/thisfall/enemystrikes/webcast_39117043.html

Prayer Team
Join the In Touch Ministries Impact Prayer Team and receive your free
Personal Battle Planner devotional and prayer journal.
http://www.intouch.org/prayerteam/index_38205069.html

Share the good news <<<
Please forward this message to a friend!

FREE Christian Book
http://l.salemweb.net/swnoffer0203/

from this newsletter immediately, simply click on the link below.
If this link is not clickable, simply cut and paste it into the
address bar of your browser.

http://www.salememail.com/unsub/209/1790700.aspx

* Copyright © 2004 Salem Web Network and its Content
  Providers. All rights reserved.

1790700

TRINITY COLLEGE & SEMINARY OFF CAMPUS & ONLINE
Experience Personal & Ministry Growth
Through Bible-Focused Degree Programs
Associate and Bachelor of Arts
Master of Arts, M.Div., Doctor of Arts, Doctor of Ministry
http://l.salemweb.net/tcs2003tr/footer/

Questions or comments can be sent to