ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt and Terri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:02:09 -0500
I heard about it but watching that didn't come too high on the list of
priorities around here.
I am somewhat interested in the subject but you can't trust anything which
comes out of a tv.  All just mind candy or, a better term is, mind junk
food.
It is a weakness for me though.
I watch too much tv.
I always think of Catholicism when I think of exorcism though.
Tv is to blame again, well, movies at least.
Exorcist and all that.
Then my mind turns to what I have learned about Catholics in church, which
is, that most of them don't even believe that Jesus was truly the son of
god.  They put more worship into the virgin birth than they do Jesus as
messiah and a lot of there faith relies upon meaningless ritchualism.
However, all that being said, I am still learning and besides, it is wrong
of me to assign the idea of exorcism souly to the Catholics, evidently since
Phil said that this on tv was done by a Baptist?
Then again, it is wrong to judge exorcism douly by what I have heard on tv,
and that's the only place I have ever heard of it.
However, just in looking at what I know of it, isn't it kind of dumb to
think that God would have any problem defeating the devil?
I think, it is us who have trouble with the devil and we only have that
problem because of our short comings in our true belief in god's power.
From what I have seen of exorsism, it's men standing yelling to god to help
a person possessed by the devil.
I return to my thought of Terri's grandparent's preacher who gets up and
yells and uses fear to get his message across.
Why yell?
A man yelling at god is stupid and useless.
Man only has power through god and yes, I suppose you could yell to god to
show your passion but it isn't necessary and trying to manupulate other
humans through fear is just insecurity on the part of the one yelling as
well.
God knows us inside out, and he's even sent the helper to indwell us, so
he's got an inside track.  I think all these men flopping about and yapping
is all a bunch of much to do about nothing.  Man can not give you what God
already has given you.  He can tell you it is there but you have to
experience it for yourself really to actually know it.
That being said, I haven't experienced exorsism but I do believe that I
experience the presents of evil in my life every day.  I do take guidance
from man on this but in the end, they point me toward the bible with points
me toward god, so the man part of it, is just a, middle man?

Matt