BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:09:10 -0800
I knit an orange sweater years ago and I still have it.  Is that OK or not?
Please send instructions PDQ!! Ruth

At 6:04 AM -0500 3/2/05, Met History wrote:

Subj: Boy, those people on that New Discourse listserv are weird, hunh?
Date: 3/2/05 6:01:51 AM Eastern Standard Time
From: <mailto:MetHistory>MetHistory
To: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

In a message dated 3/1/05 11:46:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

Has anybody noticed that orange is the most fashionable color of our
decade? That it coincides with the 50's revival and its own fascination
with orange (for that matter, has anybody discussed the fifties revival
as a tradition which could be out trojan horse with the modernists?).
That telecommunications companies are litigating over orange as their
corporate color. That the coolest design firm in Holland--with exhibits
in LA-- is called, simply, Orange. What have we the tradionalists done
about it? Dont we know Tuscany and Pompeian Red and the Villa Kerylos?
We should OWN orange. Have any of us done an orange building or an
orange interior, or even discussed it? We are missing out on the energy
of the present again.
OK, TradArchers lets have the first rash of dismissals. Let's have the
first snotty silences. Let's have the first evidence of being simply. .
. stumped by the present and its culture.
Andres,

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT