BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:31:31 -0800
> I really don't think the
> details are of as much use as the concept.

Well, if you think of it ( Proportions ) like a piano and a piano tuner and
a piano player, the concept of being in tune is a bit relative, depending on
whether you want to play Honky Tonk or Chopin, but the detail of being as
precisely in tune as possible makes all the difference in terms of what
happens in a saloon or a concert hall.   Some like it wonky.   Some like it
tight.   Different magic for different customers.   However, sending your
head into the outer space of ecstasy happens best when the piano is in tune.
Just as true in the visual/spatial world as the soundscape.   But, I once
had a customer ask me to de-tune her piano because she liked the
"liveliness" of the sound that way.   She wanted thumbtacks placed on the
hammer pads too.

"God lives in the details."

cp in bc
(once a piano tuner)